The Rotary Club of Western Springs is an organization of dedicated men and women who meet weekly to share comradery, hear from our community leaders, and discuss ways to make a difference in the community we live in.
Ever since 1956, our local Rotary has been supporting community-oriented projects. The pedestal clock on Burlington Avenue might be the most obvious. Other projects include:
- Landscaping on the Tower Green
- Construction of the shelter house in lower Spring Rock Park
- Donation of wheelchairs to LaGrange Memorial Hospital
- Installation of benches at the train station
- The provision of pagers and paramedic equipment for the Western Springs Fire Department
But, service to youth is also one of our Club’s primary goals. Over the years, our Rotarians have provided countless scholarships to Lyons Township graduates, as well as supporting McClure Junior High’s language arts and mathematics programs and foreign student exchanges.