The WSBA Winter Wonderland and Christmas Marketplace is back again this year featuring food, drinks, holiday music, shopping and a visit with Santa! The event will take place on Saturday, December 7th from 2:00 – 7:00pm at the Tower Green. Thank you to our headline sponsor Re/Max Properties Western Springs!
The Christmas Market will be situated along Hillgrove Avenue and offer a unique shopping experience in our open-air tents. Local vendors will open at 2pm and offer a variety of items including jewelry, toys, clothing, accessories and more! Santa will be located at the Tower Green with visiting hours in our very own Santa House designed and built by Riordan Signature Homes. Santa will arrive via Fire Engine at 2:30pm. Photos with Santa will take place between 2:45 – 7:00pm. Photos with Santa are by RESERVATION ONLY! – Please sign-up HERE. The official lighting of the village tree will take place at 5:00pm sharp. **Saturday Photos with Santa are currently Sold Out!**
**A second day of photos with Santa has been added (by Reservation Only!)! Sunday, December 8th from 3:00 – 5:00pm! Click Here to reserve your spot and make your $12.00 payment**
Light Up Western Springs!
Let’s start a new family tradition this holiday season. Pre-order your Luminaria kits online and pick them up between 2:00 – 7:00pm on Saturday, December 7th at Winter Wonderland! Kits are $12.00 each if pre-purchased before December 7th and include 10 white bags, 10 candles and sand for each bag. Purchase as many kits as you like! Cost is $15.00/kit after the event and you can pick them up at the Colonial Barber Shoppe on Tuesday, December 17th from 5 – 7pm. Quantities are limited!
Light up your sidewalks with the Luminaria on Tuesday, December 24st at dusk. Don’t forget to tag us in your photos!
Christmas Tree Decorating!
Please sign-up your organization or business to decorate a Christmas Tree on the Tower Green for Winter Wonderland! Trees should be decorated on Thursday or Friday the week of the event. Limited amount of trees available. SIGN-UP HERE
Following are the tree decorating parameters:
- No Glass
- No Sharp Objects
- No Small Objects
- Provide your own lights (Electricity will be provided)
- Lights must be LED Lights
- Keep in mind that the decorations will be out in the elements until a couple days after Christmas
- Organizations/businesses are responsible for their own decorations before and after the event
- Tend to your tree
Winter Wonderland Activities Include:
- Horse drawn wagon sponsored by the Community Bank of Western Springs
- Petting Zoo sponsored by Combs EyeCare & EyeWear
- Food and Drink available for purchase from local restaurants
- Live music from the LT Madrigals
- Christmas Crafts sponsored by the Western Springs Baptist Church
- Santa sponsored by Heartland Bank & Trust
- Photos with Santa
Check out some photos from last year’s event: